In Build 2019, Microsoft announced the New Windows Terminal. Windows Terminal is a new, modern, fast, efficient, powerful, and productive terminal application for users of command-line tools and shells like Command Prompt, PowerShell, and WSL.
As per Microsoft, Windows Terminal will be delivered via the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 and will be updated regularly, ensuring you are always up to date and able to enjoy the newest features and latest improvements with minimum effort.Microsft made Windows Terminal and Windows Console open source and you can clone, build, run, and test the code from the repo on GitHub. So you build Windows Terminal and use it right now.
Here this Prerequisites to make it run -
- You must be running Windows 1903 (build >= 10.0.18362.0) or above in order to run Windows Terminal
- You must have the 1903 SDK (build 10.0.18362.0) installed
- You will need at least VS 2017 installed
- You will need to install both the following packages in VS:
- Desktop Development with C++
- Universal Windows Platform Development
- If you're running VS2019, you'll also need to install the "v141 Toolset" and "Visual C++ ATL for x86 and x64"